Secret Admirer Project: The Big Reveal  

Posted by Dristanel in

The moment you’ve all been waiting for is… going to wait just a little bit longer! First of all I want to thank everyone for participating in this. Judging by the flutter of activity on Twitter this weekend, everyone had a lot of fun. If you didn’t get all of your comments yet, don’t despair! This event took place in a very short period of time over massive time zone gaps, so unfortunately I know some people are still a bit behind on their second or third comments. Feel free to make them anyway!

Second point of business, I saw a lot of folks lamenting the fact that this event was so short. I definitely agree! I didn’t want to change plans and extend it last minute, however, so unfortunately this one has ended. But I’m happy to host another one in the future. I’m sure we could come up with other themes. I got a lot of feedback about folks adding new blogs to their feed readers and meeting new people, and that was the whole point of this – I’d certainly love to see a repeat!

Now, onto the fun! A couple of hours ago I asked for folks to send me some examples of their favorite comments, and I’d like to share those with everyone. Feel free to add more to the comments of this post!

Up top you can see a screenshot of a letter sent to Khi. Accompanying that was a significant collection of candy hearts and some wine!

Up next is a very creative song adaptation by Deyndor’s admirer:

Dearest Deyndor,

Here’s a little song, adapted just for you. If you want to hear/read the original, you can get it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTovpDRFbOI

Oh, I remember
when we first met. (Oh)
The way you summoned (yeah)
I can’t forget
I /wink at you
And you /wink back
It felt just like a heart attack
It happened time and time again
I couldn’t wait to see you again
Your glowing eyes
Your blood elf hair
And this is what I said
I didn’t even care Oh

I know your name
Follow your twitter
I’ll play your game
And now I wonder
If you want me
Like I want you
I got your name
And follow your Twitter

Now I don’t know
Quite what to do
Cause all I think of
Is whisp’ring you
But do you feel
the same way too?
Cause I know I
wanna summon you
Don’t get too twisted
I’m no warlock
Still want to know
If you’ll SS me or not
I know the name
Of your voidwalker
And if you summon baby
I’ll be right over

I know your name
Follow your Twitter
I’ll play your game
And now I wonder
If you want me
Like I want you
I got your name
And follow your twitter
All I want to do
Is see you again
All I want to do
Is see you again

Your ever loyal secret admirer.

I would also like to note that Deyndor’s admire also started a Twitter account just for him!

Ophelie’s admirer left a wonderful adaptation of some of Poe’s work:

It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Ophelie;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought
Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea;
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Ophelie;
With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven
Coveted her and me.
And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Ophelie;
So that her highborn kinsman came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulcher
In this kingdom by the sea.
The angels, not half so happy in heaven,
Went envying her and me
Yes! that was the reason
(as all men know, In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of the cloud by night,
Chilling and killing my Ophelie.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those who were older than we
Of many far wiser than we
And neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Ophelie.
For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of the beautiful Ophelie;
And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Ophelie;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride,
In the sepulcher there by the sea,
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

I do hope Poe forgives me for “borrowing” his poem, but it was so fitting, you being from a kindgdom by the sea and our love ending in the Sepulcher…

Let’s not speak of endings just yet, but of beginnings! Would that you could join me in the Sepulcher. Undeath would become you…

One of Syrana’s favorites:

Dearest loveliest Syrana,
Never shall I begrudge you a Lifetap. I am prepared to renew your losses, and tend to your wounds.

Through Azeroth and Asmodae, New Eden or SimCity, I’d /follow you anywhere… even though you’ve left me once before. *sob*

Endlessly Devoted,
Your Secret Admirer

Again I’d like to thank everyone for participating. Without further ado…

Anea ~ Shawndra

Angelya ~ Tamarind

Deyndor ~ Khi

Elimeny ~ Syrana

The Elitists ~ Tarinae

Gypsy ~ Poneria

Jaedia ~ Gypsy

Khi ~ Windsoar (Windsoar was also admired by Averna – send her some love folks!)

Lissanna ~ Angelya

Ophelie ~ Deyndor

Poneria ~ Lissanna

Shawndra ~ Ophelie

Syrana ~ Jaedia

Tamarind ~ The Elitists

Tarinae ~ Anea

Windsoar ~ Elimeny

Also congratulations to Jaedia on guessing first, and Anea and Tarinae on guessing the most! All three will be receiving custom RSS icons for their blogs.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 at Monday, February 15, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

14 comments

Daaang Jaedia, I didn't think my first comment was *that* obvious! :P

February 15, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Thanks for the project, it was a blast!

February 15, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Thanks again for this! It was a lot of fun.

I should probably get back into the box before Khi sees that I escaped.

February 15, 2010 at 12:40 AM
An Admirer  

This was a fun project, it is true.
And for putting this together, I'd like to thank you.
All weekend long I was in an adoration triangle, which I will now make a square.
The fact that you did not have an admirer is quite unfair.

~Secretly Yours

February 15, 2010 at 1:17 AM
Yours Truly  

The pursuit was over, the quarry was found,
Yet there remained a last topic, a query, a clue,
To leave for the dedicated organization mogul.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I suck at rhyming couplets
But I still love you!

Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day and another thank you for the admirers.

February 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Your Devoted Dwarf  

Dearest Sweetest Dristanel,

My love cannot be contained to simply one blogger. My heart's true obsession is your very self.

I drool with appreciation at your gorgeous blog, with its faded photos that match so perfectly...

The moment you revealed yourself on Blog Azeroth... I was blow away. My heart is on your desk, awaiting your analysis, and your "The Doctor is IN" sign.

XOXOXOXO

February 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM
Your true love  

I suck at words
This much is true,
but I've found new friends,
thanks to you.

Your ideas rock,
my rhymes not so much
but to tell you I love you
......

I give up. My dearest Dristanel, you did an amazing thing for a group of great people and you deserve some love! Your work is amazing, your words are sound, and you are astounding. I just thought you out to know.

**last try at a haiku**

Dristanel you rock
My heart is forever yours
Thanks for everything.

February 15, 2010 at 1:45 AM
Under Your Spell  

For someone so thoughtful and creative to have gone this whole blog holiday without an admirer seems such a crime!

You are 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 in the flesh.

Love is patient and is kind; love doesn't envy. Love doesn't brag, is not proud, doesn't behave itself inappropriately, doesn't seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil; doesn't rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

February 15, 2010 at 1:49 AM
Secretly Yours  

Fair Distranel,

A more selfless blogger I have met not, coordinating this project with nary a thought for yourself, not even assigning yourself an admirer!

Petals from the sky should fall on you; boxes upon boxes of chocolates shall be yours; any number if risque robes would be bought, would you only say the word; I pour you a glass of wine and raise my own glass to you, Dristanel.

Secretly Yours

February 15, 2010 at 2:00 AM

@ ..Everyone, apparently - Gah! This is why I didn't assign myself one, I suck at receiving flattery! *grins* Thank you, guys. That was beyond sweet and a nice thing to wake up to!

February 15, 2010 at 6:42 AM
Lover of Dristanel  

I miss you so when we are apart,
Let us be together once more,
Your wonderous icons make me squee,
And now that I can finally see,
That you are clearly the one for me.

February 15, 2010 at 6:50 AM

I won't be secret,
I won't be shy!
I loved this event
So much I shall cry!

<3 <3

February 15, 2010 at 7:21 AM
Anonymous  

Dearest Dristanel,

You brought love to the lonely,
Admiration to the blogs,
And with you only,
I'd like to snog.

(Really, what else rhymes with blog?)

February 15, 2010 at 3:01 PM
Your True Admirer  

Distranel my love,

Thank you for the amazing weekend. I haven't had that much fun in a long time.

I'm not much for words.
But let me say,
I pledge to adore you,
Until the end of my days.

Forever yours,
Your True Admirer.

February 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Post a Comment