Totally Accurate Paladin Class Changes  

Posted by Dristanel in

Palabard!

Now with 92% more
sparkle.

H'okay. So paladins aren't getting covered in the class design changes preview until April 16th, a week after everyone else. I know you're all freaking out. cause I know we all hang on information that's subject to change at any given time between now and the release of Cataclysm, then again in future patches.

But I have good news. So good, I'm breaking the color scheme of this blog to share it. The paladin class as you know it? Totally wiped. Complete redesign. But what could possibly take the place of such awesome, you ask?

Bards.

Yep. You heard me. Song-slinging, dress-wearing, lute-strumming minstrels of sheer win.

Remember back in beta when our auras weren't passive, so if we timed it right, we could have more than one up at a time? Welcome to your new class design. Seals, blessings, hands, and every other direct cast spell will be removed from the spellbook in favor of auras out the wazoo.

What kind of auras? Well I'm glad you asked, newly-minted bard! You'll get three different lines of auras in the Protection, Holy, and Retribution trees. Since we only care about holy here (and singing soothes the soul), let's take a look at some choice auras:

Aura of Restoration Rolling HoTs? Screw that. Twisting HoTs, baby.

Lyrande's Locating Aura Someone released and can't find the entrance even though they've been there twenty times? Never fear, a palabard is here to track down your corpse!

Arthas' Acelerando Aspect of the Cheetah? Whatever, hunters!

Uther's Aura of Clarity You wish your Innervate was raid-wide.

Now, you may not be familiar with twisting. It's okay. You can learn. You probably won't ever be awesome at it like some of us old pros, but maybe you can twist three auras. I'll just be over here twisting six, but whatever, you know.

Since auras will no longer be passive, they will have a fixed duration that refreshes as long as the aura is up. Let's say you've got Aura of Restoration running in 10 second intervals. After five seconds, you switch to Uther's Aura of Clarity, and for 5 seconds you have both health and mana regen! See where I'm going with this?

To Awesome Town, that's where.

Oh, and that's not even the best part! Remember how Ragnaros is going to be back? Well, he's going to drop all-new legendary items to start class-specific epic quests! Wanna see your new sword, palabards? I know you do.

Singing Spellsword
+75 CHA (INT is getting placed with CHA just for us, isn't that cool?!), +75 STA
Equip: Regenerates 40 mp5
Equip: Bladedancer's Sonata (raid-wide haste just for being in your awesome presence!)


To everyone who actually gets this post - represent! And Happy 10 Year MMOversery to me! My first ever character was a bard who promptly got lost in the bowels of Blackburrow, never to be seen again...

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at Wednesday, April 07, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Anonymous  

Makes me wanna stance-dance.

April 7, 2010 at 11:30 AM
Anonymous  

I think I hate you just a little bit.

Ignore the laughter.

April 7, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Anonymous  

I'd be down with Bricu getting CHA instead of INT....

April 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM

@Anonymous I hear that's in the works, too...

onepretentiousbastard I hope so, cause it's happening!

forethebubbles Image fixed so you can hate me more.

April 7, 2010 at 3:16 PM

That's very blingee

April 7, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Will stance dancing during boss fights create raid raves?

Also, changing to CHA isn't that bad of an idea...

April 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Ahhhh! It's EverQuest all over again! Next you'll be suggesting we get 10 second cast time Totally 100% Complete Heals For Real This Time, Guys!

...I shall be hiding in the corner if you need me.

April 12, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Post a Comment