The Dysfunctional Family  

Posted by Dristanel in

Good news, everyone! We finally got Putricide down Saturday night.

Yes, I know the above picture has absolutely nothing to do with Putricide, but that is what I logged into last night, courtesy of some of my favorite people in the world, including an (apparently drunk) Gypsy-tank. This riveting discussion on space goats was followed by an hour-long diatribe in Vent regarding the failures of Subway and Shattered Halls PUGs.

Seriously people, what is up with all the folks Shattered Halls sends to the LFD queue? 9 times out fo 10, if someone is being a complete dick in the Retaliation battlegroup, -Shattered Halls follows their name. You can’t all be like that!

I know Valentine’s Day and all of its related crap is over in the real world, but since Love is in the Air is extended for another week, I thought I’d make one more lovey-dovey post dedicated to my raid team. I know there are some folks who probably have this stuff on farm by now, but for a ‘roleplaying’ guild on a ‘roleplaying’ server, we’re doing pretty damn good if I do say so myself.

Dear Team Scyce:

90% of the time I want to strangle a good 60% of you. And trust me when I say these percentages are 46.53678% total crap.

You can be as unfocused as kittens in a tinsel factory, and I have a bad habit of turning on Pandora when you guys start yammering on about how broken this or that is in Vent, but it’s not because I don’t love you.

I love when you say ‘We can totally do this, guys!’ after we’ve been wiping for an hour with no progress. I love how you purposefully don’t touch the healing essences just so the warlock can have the pleasure of not ever being able to interrupt them. I love your ASCII fish – I can’t sit down to eat without it – and the fact that only half of you actually read raid chat.

Mostly I love that when things look bleakest, you seem to be able to pull your shit together for a win in the last few seconds of the game.

Yours Truly,

Drist

I had an opportunity a few months back to audition for a healing spot on our other 10-man team. Personality-wise, with the exception of one or two people, I probably fit in better with them. Goal-wise, theirs align better with mine, I’m fairly certain. They already have Blood and Plague down (congrats guys!) while we just finished Plague. But in the end, after some very difficult decisions, I withdrew my name from the running, and there’s really one simple reason for that:

Loyalty.

I’ve been on this team since Ulduar. Hell, since we started running a second Naxx10 team. And I’ll admit I’ve probably done a pretty drastic 180 since making my paladin my main. Raid tanking was a stress I don’t care to undergo on a regular basis, and I remember raising a regular fuss about pushing on to things I didn’t think we stood a chance at downing. But the ease of ToC brought some more cohesion to our dysfunctional little family, and we came into ICC very strong.

So yes, we’re having some rough times. We lost a tank, we typically lose a key DPS every weekend, and some folks could really use a break. I expect the other 10 man will be kingslayers long, long before us, but that’s alright.

You all forgave me when I snapped at people after getting frustrated with DK tanking. You let me take a two-month break from raiding to get my paladin raid-ready. You gave me back a permanent spot even when I really didn’t expect it. You put up with me when I DI you just for giggles, and you cover my ass when I’m too busy eating ice cream to heal.

I love you all. But I still want to strangle you.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 at Monday, February 15, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Drunk tank R teh win.

February 15, 2010 at 10:31 PM

"Seriously people, what is up with all the folks Shattered Halls sends to the LFD queue? 9 times out fo 10, if someone is being a complete dick in the Retaliation battlegroup, -Shattered Halls follows their name. You can’t all be like that!"

^Sorry, just de-lurking to agree with this statement. I have about fifteen people of my twenty-one long ignore list from Shattered Halls. ARGH!

(Amisi-Zangarmarsh, btw. Hi!)

February 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM

@Gypsy - <3

February 16, 2010 at 6:19 AM

@Katryna - I'm glad it's not just me!

February 16, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Post a Comment