Custom RSS Icons  

Posted by Dristanel

Making a post in addition to the regularly scheduled Monday lunacy.

Some of you have spoiled me endlessly regarding the graphics on my blog. With the exception of the layout, they were all made by me. I am a Game Art and Design major and tend to use such activities as an excuse for ‘school projects’. I don’t claim to be anything remotely resembling a decent artist, but I can fumble my way through Illustrator and Photoshop.

That said, I’ve had a few requests to commission RSS icons. I’m… terribly flattered, let me first say. And I’m definitely considering it. But I have a few concerns. First off, I wouldn’t even begin to know what to charge. I believe in fair representation for artists and graphic designers, but I’m also one of those people who would probably say ‘Eh, just pay whatever you feel it was worth’. This is probably why I live paycheck to paycheck, but I digress.

My other concern is that I am new to the community, and I don’t want to come across as someone who is just trying to make a quick buck. I’d love to make some extra pocket change doing things I enjoy, but loyalty to a community of readers and bloggers is far more important to me.

So I’d really love some thoughts on this. If I open it up, I’d probably offer any sort of icon, though I’m most experienced with RSS and social media stuff. It would likely be a week or so before I accept any requests, however, as I am currently working on three RSS icons from the SA event, and finishing up one as a gift.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 at Monday, February 15, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

I'd probably pay about £8 ish for an RSS icon if I had any spare cash, I'm not very good with exchange rates though!

February 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM

@Jaedia - That's about $12USD I think. I'd probably charge $10, so that's a good estimate; thank you!

February 15, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I love mine Drist! I just found it in my mailbox. You are teh bezt.

February 15, 2010 at 8:40 PM

@Gypsy - Glad you like it!

February 16, 2010 at 6:20 AM

Post a Comment